- Veritasium – Videos about science and education featuring on-site explorations and experiments, uncovering misconceptions. Great production and easy to understand.
- Astrumspace – This channel answers astronomy/cosmology questions. It also has a series dedicated to each of our planets showcasing images of our Solar System captured by probes and space crafts.
- CrashCourse – Concise and well-produced educational video series packed with the essential, big picture knowledge on many different subjects such as physics, philosophy, games, economics, astronomy, world history, biology, psychology etc.
- V-Sauce – Science, Psychology, Culture Explanations. Here is a new series “Mind Field” focusing on the brain and psychology
- Kurzgesagt – Explaining the universe with optimistic nihilism through short, animated videos – one topic in a nutshell at a time.
- Mark Rober – Former Nasa engineer explains science through small to large-scale experiments. Life-hacks and other fun videos. 11,1 million subscribers.
Creative Insight & Wisdom
- School of Life – Educational videos covering self-improvement, relationships, career and social life. Simplifying and built to be easy to understand using illustrated visualisations.
- Big Think – “expert-driven, actionable, educational content”. Each video focuses on one tagline that is explained / commented on by one expert (interview-style) in the respective field.
- Wisecrack – Explores big ideas like philosophy and critical thinking through the lens of movies, TV shows, video games, current events, books, etc.
- Nerdwriter – Weekly video essay series, each video elaborating on one interesting process, question, or problem within pop culture. .
- Fight Mediocrity – Short summaries of books on self-improvement, career, meaning & purpose and other topics. Also covers speeches of contemporary big thinkers. Content is made easily comprehensible through animated illustration.
- Wisdom 2.0 – Wisdom 2.0 is a global community focused on living with awareness, wisdom, and compassion. Videos feature footage of talks and conversations.
- OnBeing – “tools for the art of living”. Independent non-profit public life and media initiative with radio, podcasts, digital, and live event offerings. Pursuing deep thinking and social courage, moral imagination and joy, to renew inner life, outer life, and life together.
- Journey of Purpose – Inspirational videos showing beautiful stock imagery combined with speeches from (mostly) Alan Watts and other celebrity big thinkers such as Jim Carrey.
- Shots of Awe – Enthusiastic speaker Jason Silva looks at sociocultural questions, love/relationships, creativity, technology and other topics. The channel also has a series of Inspirational videos featuring bits of his speeches set to dramatic music and imagery.
- Prince Ea – Motivation Mojo! Short thought-provoking and/or inspirational messages by rapper Prince Ea about sociocultural themes, self-acceptance and self-love, social justice, current events and other topics presented in a music video format.
- Jay Shetty – over 1 billion views / Forbes 30 list / Accenture’s top person in department / etc. etc. (used to be a monk), Inspirational videos with his speeches on different topics, underlined by piano music and story-telling.
Outside of Youtube
- The DO Lectures – “the encouragement network”, organizing workshops and talks. Footage and content of talks is released as videos, podcasts, books on the website.
- Karma Tube – a collection of inspiring videos accompanied by simple actions that every viewer can take. Run by an all-volunteer organisation.
- TED Talks – nonprofit devoted to sharing ideas. Thousands of short talks (less than 18 min) on all possible topics where individuals share their special ideas. Website features video footage of talks from all across the globe.
- The RSA – RSA = royal society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce; “a global community of proactive problem solvers”. The website features videos that visualize recordings of talks from RSA meetings.
- Oprah Winfrey : SuperSoul – Oprah’s conversations with inspiring thought leaders, modern day influencers and social game changers, including Beto O’Rourke, Michael B. Jordan, Bradley Cooper, Melinda Gates and Lisa Borders.
- Explained (Netflix) / Explained (Podcast, VOX) – podcast and video series explaining a wide array of topics, mini-documentary style.
- Wired : 5 levels – video series, an expert scientist explains a high-level subject in five different layers of complexity.