In our quest to curate the most valuable resources for wisdom on a life well-lived, we are always expanding.
Most subjects throughout the site have their own ‘Resources’ page where you’ll find valuable links, videos, books, and more.
On this page, we’re collecting our favorites from across many subjects. Click around and get wiser!
On the Psychology & Well-Being
- Greater Good Magazine Podcast – Greater Good Magazine turns scientific research into stories, tips, and tools for a happier life and a more compassionate society. “The Science of Happiness Podcast” is hosted by award-winning psychologist Dacher Keltner.
- The Psych Files – a psychology podcast about human behaviour by Michael A. Britt, Ph.D.
- Therapy Chat – discussions and interviews about psychotherapy, mindfulness, trauma, worthiness, perfectionism, self compassion, attachment, parenting, self care and more. Hosted by Baltimore area clinic social worker Laura Reagan.
- The Growing Edge Podcast – monthly conversations between hosts Parker and Carrie about well-being with occasional special guests.
- The Happiness Lab – Yale Professor Dr Laurie Santo presents latest scientific research and inspiring stories to alter the way we think about happiness.
- The Positive Psychology Podcast – the science of happiness and meaning with Kristen Truempy
- Speaking of Psychology – this series covers some of the latest, most important and relevant psychological research being conducted today.
- The Psychology Podcast – Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman invites a special guest for every episode and gives insights into the mind, brain, behaviour and creativity.
- Being Well Podcast – Dr Rick Hanson – author of Hardwiring Happiness – shares research, information, practices, and other resources on well-being.
- Upbringing – parenting and pedagogical advice using their “Freedoms Model” and “RESIST Approach”, centered around personal growth. Upbringing on Apple Podcasts
- Mindvalley – lessons on improving health, relationships, mindset and wellbeing. Taught through “latest cutting edge techniques, the world’s best teachers, and a powerful learning platform.”
- The Good Life Project Podcast – Weekly conversations about living a fully-engaged, fiercely-connected and purpose-drenched life. With guests like iconic world-shakers Elizabeth Gilbert, Brene Brown, Sir Ken Robinson, Seth Godin and Gretchen Rubin.
Philosophical Intrigue / Insight
- Making Sense with Sam Harris – Sam Harris (neuroscientist, philosopher, and best-selling author) explores and gives his opinion on some of the most important questions about the human mind, society, and current events.
- Creative Mornings – a network organising talks in a casual environment where people present their ideas. Podcast features recordings of talks.
- Ministry of Ideas – an initiative of the Religious Literacy Project at Harvard Divinity School. “A small show about the big ideas that shape our world.”
- Choiceology – 1st season was hosted by Dan Heath (Stanford). Podcast shares stories about irrational decision making and explores the lesson of behavioral economics, exposing the psychological traps.
- The End of the World with Josh Clark – The End of The World is a 10-episode deep dive by podcast pioneer Josh Clark into the world of existential risks, where breathtaking future tech and science put humanity on the razor’s edge between a future that could last billions of years and abrupt extinction.
- Harry Potter and the Sacred Text – This weekly podcast explores life’s big questions through the exploration of characters and context in fiction – specifically in the Harry Potter books. Each season covers one of the HP books.
- Dear Sugars – a radically empathic advice show covering questions about well-being, relationships etc.
- Revisionist History Podcast – a podcast from Malcolm Gladwell and Pushkin Industries. Each week for 10 weeks, Revisionist History will go back and reinterpret something from the past: an event, a person, an idea. Something overlooked. Something misunderstood.
- Hidden Brain – Shankar Vedantam uses science and storytelling to reveal the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, shape our choices and direct our relationships.
- Intelligence Squared Debates – well-lead debates about current social, political, environmental, and cultural issues. Organised by a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with the aim to restore critical thinking, facts, reason and civility to American public discourse.
- On Being // Becoming Wise Series // Living The Questions Series – A nonprofit media and public life initiative making public radio shows, podcasts, and tools for the art of living.
- Lewis Howes – key-note speakers and self-made inspirational guru Lewis Howes touches on topics such as business, health, relationships, and more with the aim to allow people to “dream bigger, live better, make an impact”
- The Peter Attia Drive Podcast – deep-dive podcast looking at maximizing longevity, health, critical thinking. Dr. Peter Attia is a Stanford/Johns Hopkins/NIH-trained physician focusing on the applied science of longevity, the extension of human life and well-being.
- Aubrey Marcus Podcast – Founder of Onnit and modern philosopher, Aubrey Marcus asks the important questions: How do we find our purpose, wake up to who we truly are, have a few more laughs, and human being a little better?
- Dare to Love Podcast – “Uplifting Approach To Love, Marriage, Sex, Dating & ALL Your Personal And Professional Relationships.” Married couple Sonika Tinker and Christian Pedersen are co-founders of LoveWorks, a leading-edge transformational relationship training company.
Classics / Must Listen
- The Tim Ferriss Show // transcripts // Top 10 – Business podcast. Each episode features a different special guest, usually world-class performer from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.), and extracts their tactics, tools and routines.
- The Moth – true story-telling. The podcast consists of recordings of live shows. Each show is centered around one theme and features different speakers that tell their true stories connected to the theme.
- Invisibilia – this podcast fuses narrative storytelling with science and uncovers the unseeable forces which control human behaviour and shape our ideas.
- This American Life – a weekly public radio program and podcast. Each episode is centered around one theme and covers different kinds of stories on that theme which show different facettes and points of view.
- 99% Invisible – host Roman Mars focuses on all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about – the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world. Revealing fascinating aspects of the world that surrounds us.
- TED Radio Hour – podcast version of TED Talks. Thousands of short talks (less than 18 min) on all possible topics where individuals share their special ideas.
- Radiolab – Known for the investigative use of radio, this podcast makes science accessible to broad audiences. Every episode focuses on one topic, revealing interesting facts about our world and/or explaining the science behind it.
- Startalk with Neil Degrasse Tyson – This podcast covers science topics with clarity and humor. The focus lays on astrophysics and all things space/universe and extends to environmental issues as well as the future of our planet.
- Joe Rogan Podcast – long form conversations of Joe Rogan (stand up comic, mixed martial arts fanatic, psychedelic adventurer) with guests that have included comedians, actors, musicians, MMA fighters, authors, artists, etc.
A Touch of Humor
- WTF with Marc Maron – revelatory conversations of comedian Marc Maron with celebrities such as Robin Williams, Keith Richards, Barack Obama.
- Jolenta Greenberg : By the Book – Half reality show, half self-help podcast, and one wild social experiment. Jolenta Greenberg and culture critic Kristen Meinzer live by the rules of a different self-help book each episode to figure out which ones might actually be life changing And, similarly: Twice Removed – In each episode A.J. Jacobs and team dive deep into a guest’s family tree to show that all of us are related somehow.
- Oh No Podcast – The host Ross and Carrie report from their experience of joining religions, attending spiritual events, undergoing “alternative” treatments, partaking in paranormal investigations, and more.
- The Adventure Zone – 3 Brothers and their Dad embark on a years long Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Join this wholesome crew if you love imaginative storytelling, or laughing your face off.
- Mortified – People get on stage and read from their childhood diaries. Demystifying puberty…and other aspects of growing up that we collective did alone.
The Best Podcast Networks
- Gimlet – Gimlet Media is an award-winning narrative podcasting company that aims to foster human connection and understanding. “‘A podcast about the internet’ that is actually an unfailingly original exploration of modern life and how to survive it.”
- Radiotopia – These are some of the most extraordinary, cutting-edge podcasts out there. Incredible ideas under amazing production.
- Maximum Fun – You didn’t think it could get any funnier, before you tried out their last podcast. So much gold here.
- Panoply – Now called Megaphone, Panoply produces a lot of the quality podcasts we hear.
- Veritasium – Videos about science and education featuring on-site explorations and experiments, uncovering misconceptions. Great production and easy to understand.
- Astrumspace – This channel answers astronomy/cosmology questions. It also has a series dedicated to each of our planets showcasing images of our Solar System captured by probes and space crafts.
- CrashCourse – Concise and well-produced educational video series packed with the essential, big picture knowledge on many different subjects such as physics, philosophy, games, economics, astronomy, world history, biology, psychology etc.
- V-Sauce – Science, Psychology, Culture Explanations. Here is a new series “Mind Field” focusing on the brain and psychology
- Kurzgesagt – Explaining the universe with optimistic nihilism through short, animated videos – one topic in a nutshell at a time.
- Mark Rober – Former Nasa engineer explains science through small to large-scale experiments. Life-hacks and other fun videos. 11,1 Mio subscribers.
Creative Insight & Wisdom
- School of Life – Educational videos covering self-improvement, relationships, career and social life. Simplifying and built to be easy to understand using illustrated visualisations.
- Big Think – “expert-driven, actionable, educational content”. Each video focuses on one tagline that is explained / commented on by one expert (interview-style) in the respective field.
- Wisecrack – Explores big ideas like philosophy and critical thinking through the lens of movies, TV shows, video games, current events, books, etc.
- Nerdwriter – Weekly video essay series, each video elaborating on one interesting process, question, or problem within pop culture. .
- Fight Mediocrity – Short summaries of books on self-improvement, career, meaning & purpose and other topics. Also covers speeches of contemporary big thinkers. Content is made easily comprehensible through animated illustration.
- Wisdom 2.0 – Wisdom 2.0 is a global community focused on living with awareness, wisdom, and compassion. Videos feature footage of talks and conversations.
- OnBeing – “tools for the art of living”. Independent non-profit public life and media initiative with radio, podcasts, digital, and live event offerings. Pursuing deep thinking and social courage, moral imagination and joy, to renew inner life, outer life, and life together.
- Journey of Purpose – Inspirational videos showing beautiful stock imagery combined with speeches from (mostly) Alan Watts and other celebrity big thinkers such as Jim Carrey.
- Shots of Awe – Enthusiastic speaker Jason Silva looks at sociocultural questions, love/relationships, creativity, technology and other topics. The channel also has a series of Inspirational videos featuring bits of his speeches set to dramatic music and imagery.
- Prince Ea – Motivation Mojo! Short thought-provoking and/or inspirational messages by rapper Prince Ea about sociocultural themes, self-acceptance and self-love, social justice, current events and other topics presented in a music video format.
- Jay Shetty – over 1 billion views / Forbes 30 list / Accenture’s top person in department / etc. etc. (used to be a monk), Inspirational videos with his speeches on different topics, underlined by piano music and story-telling.
Outside of Youtube
- The DO Lectures – “the encouragement network”, organizing workshops and talks. Footage and content of talks is released as videos, podcasts, books on the website.
- Karma Tube – a collection of inspiring videos accompanied by simple actions that every viewer can take. Run by an all-volunteer organisation.
- TED Talks – nonprofit devoted to sharing ideas. Thousands of short talks (less than 18 min) on all possible topics where individuals share their special ideas. Website features video footage of talks from all across the globe.
- The RSA – RSA = royal society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce; “a global community of proactive problem solvers”. The website features videos that visualize recordings of talks from RSA meetings.
- Oprah Winfrey : SuperSoul – Oprah’s conversations with inspiring thought leaders, modern day influencers and social game changers, including Beto O’Rourke, Michael B. Jordan, Bradley Cooper, Melinda Gates and Lisa Borders.
- Explained (Netflix) / Explained (Podcast, VOX) – podcast and video series explaining a wide array of topics, mini-documentary style.
- Wired : 5 levels – video series, an expert scientist explains a high-level subject in five different layers of complexity.
- A Fine Parent – how to articles for improving parenting skills.
- The Gottman Institute – a research based approach to relationships. Blog Posts about The Four Horsemen, relationships, parenting and more.
- Conscious Leadership Group – tools and framework to improve leadership. Blog posts tapping into mindfulness, psychology, communication etc.
- The Fearless Heart – a project by Bay Area Nonviolent Communication. Blog posts look at socio-political issues, living together in society and give the perspective of Nonviolent Communication.
Optimizing Your Life and Work
- James Altucher – entrepreneur and author of “Choose Yourself” blogs about self-care, investing, entrepreneurship, impression technique and more.
- Optimize – Brian Johnson presents the best Big Ideas from the best optimal living books. Concise summaries with illustrated visualisations. Courses on business and optimizing yourself.
- Seth Godin’s Blog – author, teacher and entrepreneur Seth Godin shares his daily thoughts on marketing, tribes and respect.
- Brainpickings – Blog by writer Maria Popova exploring what it means to live a decent, substantive, rewarding life.
- Postanly Weekly – selected resources for wealth, health and happiness by Thomas Oppong, founder of AllTopStartups and creator of Thinking in Models and Kaizen Habits
- Mark Manson – the author of “The subtle art of not giving a fuck” lays out concisely the mechanisms of human behaviour and gives advise for living a better life in an approachable way.
- Blue Zones – Blue Zone talks to experts and thought leaders who share their insights about longevity. Blog posts also touch current events. Blue Zone Trademark products
More Insightful Blogs
- Scott Barry Kaufman – well-being blog. Posts about self-optimization, leading a happier life, hope, parenting, etc. Kaufman is a humanistic psychologist.
- Rick Hanson – Dr Rick Hanson – author of Hardwiring Happiness – shares research, information, practices, and other resources on well-being.
- Thought Catalog – a platform for young first-time writers to share their stories. Posts about self-improvement, coming of age, astrology, psychology, self-love, health, and more.
- On Being – A nonprofit media and public life initiative offering tools for the art of living.
- Wait But Why – such elegant takes on big concepts. Humorous visualisations / funny comics about important issues, offering a different perspective, explaining things. Posts about current events, sociocultural issues, self-improvement, science…
- Medium – subscription style website with a huge library of articles about a wide array of topics by “the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers with fresh perspectives.”
- The Greater Good Magazine – Greater Good Magazine turns scientific research into stories, tips, and tools for a happier life and a more compassionate society.