- Belief in God, Jesus as his son, and the Holy Spirit
- Humans were created by God in his image, then tainted by sin and suffering, from which they seek redemption
- Jesus's crucifixion, resurrection, and ascent into heaven as a holy sacrifice
- Jesus Christ's second coming to earth, Judgment Day, and ultimate salvation of all faithful souls.
Here is a fun graphic timeline of Christian denominations. See key below for Wikipedia links. 
Oh, and don't forget...
The most researched historical text of all time, and the center of Christianity, brought to your electronic devices.
A personal and philosophical take on Christianity by one of the world's best-known authors.
Claimed by its publishing company to be the most-sold hard back of all time, it is a massively popular book.
One of the most important works of English religious literature, it was published in 1678 and has never been out of print.
While not strictly depicted Christian salvation (and not actually a comedy), Dante's landmark piece of literature gives a good Christian sense of God's justice, man's depravity, and salvation.
by Saint Augustine, About the oldest piece of Christian Literature, this is a philosophical autobiography of Augustine's spiritual journey.
- "Christianity 2015: Religious Diversity and Personal Contact" (PDF). gordonconwell.edu. January 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Protestantbranches.svg: Lokal_Profil derivative work: Hogweard