What Lies Ahead?
In illustration below and at the bottom of the page, there are links to each page of this happiness section. This is your Table of Contents on your happiness journey.
Feel free to click around. If you want the best linear progression through the pages, simply read a page then follow the link at the bottom to the next intended page.
Most of the research and collection of resources will be found in the 4 “Types” pages. You will also find a collection of tools, links, videos, and books for each happiness type.
Happiness can be...well...illusive.
Other times it’s impossibly complicated: “I worked so hard for this moment, and now that I’m here I feel empty.”
Other times joy finds us after arduous journey of trial and tribulation: “You know, I finally feel like this career is becoming worth it.”
You can learn to be a good cook.
- You can learn skills, like how to peel a potato, that stay with you and equip you to cook better in the future.
- You can gather ingredients –things that you use only once — which ensure your meal will be tasty.
- You can collect good cookware, surrounding yourself with the necessary elements to cook better.
- You can even stand in your kitchen and savor the smell, the environment, and appreciate that you have a kitchen.
- You can know why you cook, motivating and giving purpose to each and every meal.
Throughout the following pages, you’ll learn so many intricacies behind happiness.
And, it’s true that reading through takes time.
So, we are going to give you 5 things which, whether you know why or not, will make you happier, if you do them.
If you read nothing else on this whole website, do these things, and you will be a happier person.
“Working on how to become happier, the research suggests, will not only make a person feel better but will also boost his or her energy, creativity, and immune system, foster better relationships, fuel higher productivity at work, and even lead to a longer life.” – The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky
That being said, there is much to be learned about ‘Happiness.’ Reading through this section, you’ll be gaining new lenses and insights to live a happier life. So let’s get started, with the 4 Types: