UMass Center for Mindfulness – Where Mindfulness started. Take a course or become a mindfulness teacher.
Greater Good Mindfulness Data Base – Plenty of science based articles that look at mindfulness from different angles and applications.
Mindful.org – Great start for beginners looking to know more about the topic.
Living the art of Mindfulness – A blogger that frequently produces well thought out pieces, links to other events and mindfulness topics.
Psychology Today – A straightforward reading/definition on mindfulness and its practical uses in psychology.
Reddit – Mindfulness sub-reddit category, open source submissions.
Considered a straightforward working definition of mindfulness and the practice. Great place to start if you’ve never heard of mindfulness.
The Google’s Jolly Goodfellow- mindfulness and emotional intelligence from an engineer. Humorous book, fun pictures and easy to pick up and read..
First book he wrote (1994) lays the foundation for cultivating a mindful attitude. Widely considered the book that put mindfulness on the map.
One of the most famous books written on the topic of Mindfulness. Less secular than others in the field and more of a self-help theme.
Overview, written for the general public. Also a good place to start if you’d like to learn more about science is emerging in the field.
Step by step approach for every day application. Move out of thinking about mindfulness to experiencing practical exercises to see change.
Why Aren’t We Teaching You Mindfulness | AnneMarie Rossi | TEDxYouth@MileHigh–A talk on how mindfulness has been introduced to several schools and benefit it has on young developmental minds.
All it takes is 10 mindful minutes | Andy Puddicombe-Talk presented by the founder of ‘Headspace’-one of the more popular guided meditation apps. A few mindful minutes a day can be an significant impacts on your life.
The Power of Mindfulness: What You Practice Grows Stronger | Shauna Shapiro | TEDx WashingtonSquare
Dan Harris: “10% Happier” | Talks At Google–former ABC news anchor tells his story of stress related drug addiction and how the practice of mindfulness meditation changed his life. Presents hard science on meditation and considers himself a skeptic.
Sam Harris: Mindfulness is Powerful, But Keep Religion Out of It–Well known author and atheist/neuroscientist, discusses how the practice of mindfulness is a tool that everyone should have in their tool kit and that we can sever any religious ties without losing the benefits that mindfulness affords.
- Headspace App – Guided meditation for everyone (beginner to advance). Neat animations to accompany simple, yet practical meditation instructions.
- Insight Timer – Guided Meditations from thousands of teachers, This one links to a Sam Harris body scan meditation that new meditator may find useful when you have an exceptionally wondrous mind.
- Vipassana Meditation – Take a 10-day silent course to explore mindfulness in a formal mediation practice. For the hard core meditator that wants to explore mediation without distraction. This is a free course that only asks for a donation after you successfully completed the 10 day sit. Done in silence all over the globe, there are several courses taking place each month.
- 10 Percent Happier app – Clear simple approach to meditation. Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics
- Insight Meditation – Retreats and Buddha study program. Centers all across U.S
- Be Here Now Network–A network of Mindfulness & Spirituality Podcast – Authors like Joseph Goldstein has a great insight. Thousands of hours. Something experienced meditators might enjoy listening to for some nuance dialog on the subtleties of some of the most experienced meditators.