This site is a massive, ambitious project, aiming to clarify and enable the well-being of all who visit.
And we're a 501c3 non-profit/NGO.
If you'd like to see this subject's section get finished, please consider helping the project along by donating.
Your help is meaningful. And it's helping us build the most comprehensive psychological Assessment Center on the web.
Until the Media & Attention section gets finished, here are a few recommended resources on the subject.
How to Do Nothing by Jenny Odell
“Resisting the Attention Economy.” Odell sees our attention as the most precious—and overdrawn—resource we have. And we must actively and continuously choose how we use it.
The Attention Merchants by Tim Wu
“How big business lured us in and sold us out.” Feeling attention challenged? Even assaulted? American business depends on it. In nearly every moment of our waking lives, we face a barrage of messaging, advertising enticements, branding, sponsored social media, and other efforts to harvest our attention.
Beloved educator and internet personality John Green talks about your personal resource in the new internet era.
Seems wildly out of control compared to now, huh? And, how would someone 70 years ago think of the world we live in now?
The Attention Diet: Be More Focused
Mark Manson discussed why we’re all distracted, all need more focus, and how that happened…
And if you are concerned about media’s implications beyond attention, check out this infographic from Visual Capitalist.
Here are some of the best sections to explore from around the site:
Or, perhaps some of these are of interest to you?
- Communicate Skillfully - Listening, Compassionate Communication, Intentional Speech, Clean Communication
- Commune with Reality - Curiosity, Awe, Presence
- Show Up Wholeheartedly - Vulnerability, Social Comparison & Imposter Syndrome, Forgiveness, Self-Love, Self-Care
- Find the Right Work for You - The Bliss Map
- Get in the Mood to Think About Life - Earth in Context, Me In Time, Luck & Circumstance, Short Videos from around the web