This site is a massive, ambitious project, aiming to clarify and enable the well-being of all who visit.
And we're a 501c3 non-profit/NGO.
If you'd like to see this subject's section get finished, please consider helping the project along by donating.
Your help is meaningful. And it's helping us build the most comprehensive psychological Assessment Center on the web.
What Will This Section Cover?
Mirrors reflect, at times imperfectly, and lenses focus and reveal.
Through your own exploration, and with the help of others, you can more thoroughly and intentionally excavate and craft yourself.
Who are you?
Who shall you become?
This section will cover explorations, examinations, and personal-course charting including. . .
- The “Self” – What is it? Is it stable? Where does it come from? How does it develop? What are empowered ways of viewing the self?
- Identity – Your origin stories, “me” stories, labels, fears, failures, childhood, and more.
- Culture – Neighborhood, city, country, friends, family, neighborhood.
- Professional – Resume/vitae, “bliss map,” leadership of self.
- Interrogatory – Numerous categorized, diverse, incisive questions to poke around your world.
- Etheric – Morality and spirituality (or not).
- You In the World – How others experience your strengths, challenges, opportunities, biases, personas, and more.
- Personality – Explore the “Big Five” and other measures of your orientations and proclivities.
- Expression – Hobbies, pastimes, play, quirkiness, your go-to (and want to go-to) choices, service, and more.
Until the Mirrors and Lenses section gets finished, here are a few recommended resources on the subject.
Who Are You, Really?: The Surprising Puzzle of Personality
This fun, smart read for anyone eager to better understand (and improve) themselves argues that personality is driven not by nature nor nurture—but instead by the projects we pursue, which ultimately shape the people we become.
Measuring Personality: Crash Course Psychology #22
How would you measure a personality? What, exactly, is the self? Well, as you’ve come to expect, it’s not that easy to nail down an answer to those questions. Whether you’re into blood, bile, earth, wind, fire, or those Buzzfeed questionnaires, there are LOTS of ways to get at who we are and why.
Do personality tests work? – Merve Emre
Examine how popular personality tests, like the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Enneagram, are designed and their inconsistencies.
Here are some of the best sections to explore from around the site:
Or, perhaps some of these are of interest to you?
- Communicate Skillfully - Listening, Compassionate Communication, Intentional Speech, Clean Communication
- Commune with Reality - Curiosity, Awe, Presence
- Show Up Wholeheartedly - Vulnerability, Social Comparison & Imposter Syndrome, Forgiveness, Self-Love, Self-Care
- Find the Right Work for You - The Bliss Map
- Get in the Mood to Think About Life - Earth in Context, Me In Time, Luck & Circumstance, Short Videos from around the web