Count Your Blessings – A motivational poem that puts things into perspective.
A video showing the astounding strength and agility of an 86-year-old gymnast.
A very motivational video made from Jim Carrey’s graduation speech. “Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world.”
Sam Harris on the Meaning of Life. A 6-minute excerpt about life, death, and the present moment.
A very motivational speech from Admiral McRaven, on just about everything.
A “seize the day” motivational video featuring speeches set to dramatic movie clips.
- Thinking about your own death on MLK day
- An in-depth look at a Greek island where people live a long long time
- A lovely and visually pleasing collection of quotes
- An account of Zach Sobiech, a cancer patient who turned to music
- 108 year-old holocaust survivor Alice Herz Sommer
- The Mind Unleashed – a youtube channel full of informative and inspirational videos
- Seneca on the Greatest Obstacle to Living a More Fulfilling Life
- Possibility of health in old age
- The 30 most powerful images of all time
- The greatest commencement addresses of all time
- A collection of life-scope motivational videos
- Modeling the masters – youtube channel with motivational material
- Some fantastic poems by Mary Oliver, William Stafford, and Rita Dove
On Being Busy
- The Disease of Being Busy – by On Being
- Life’s Too Short to Be Busy – by Tiny Buddha
- Stop Doing Busywork: Do More High-Value Work – by Medium
- The Case for Slowing Everything Down a Bit – by Vox
- Busy and Bored: Two Sides of the Same Coin – by Conscious Leadership
- Why Time Management is Ruining Our Lives – The Guardian
- The Case for Doing Nothing – NY Times
- How to Slow Down to the Speed of Life – Medium
“It’s not the number of breaths…it’s what takes your breath away.”
“If you had 10 minutes left to live, how would you design that time? With family/friends? Seeking thrills? Why? Now try varying this length of time.”
“Enjoy Life. It’s not a rehearsal.” – Amy Meyer
“It is so easy to waste our lives: our days, our hours, our minutes. It is so easy to take for granted the pale new growth on an evergreen, the sheen of the limestone on Fifth Avenue, the color of our kids’ eyes, the way the melody in a symphony rises and falls and disappears and rises again. It is so easy to exist instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking.” – Anna Quindlen – A Short Guide to a Happy Life
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
Enjoy this original rap from a friend of this website about living a life of intention and awareness: